Friday, September 19, 2008

Some Memories About Sacramento Ca.

When I was a kid in Sacramento, California one of my hobbies was raising pigeons. It was an interesting hobby, especially trying to keep my dog from eating them. Blackie was her name and she was a poodle mix. I don’t really know why she would break into the coop and eat a pigeon, but she would. Needless to say I didn’t continue raising birds but I believe it what sparked my interest in flying.

Growing up in South Sacramento was not boring, I would sit on the back-yard fence and watch the California State Patrol Academy practice riding and driving their bikes and cars. Sometimes they would play cops and robbers that is when things would get interesting, it was also the first real memory of adults cussing J. Some of the other things I would do during the summer would go and explore the fields of wheat grown at the end of my street. When I said I lived in South Sacramento I meant South, there was no more city beyond my street; just fields and fields of wheat.

There was also a creek that flowed through the fields. There I would play in the water and find crawdads. If I collected enough of them I would have a crawdad cocktail, they were very tasty. My neighbor down the street had a Honda motorcycle that he would let me ride it in the fields. If memory serves me right I think it was a 125cc motor bike. While my friends were riding their mini-bikes I would be on the motorcycle. Now that was fun!

No comments: